Friday, June 26, 2009

King of Pop

Sure, Michael Jackson might have been a freak this decade.  He may have had some legal, parenting, and nose issues but I like to remember MJ during the 80s and early 90s, when I thought he hung the moon and when I couldn't get enough of "Bad."  Somehow, as long as MJ was still pioneering new and innovative things in the music and dance world, everything kind of just worked for everyone else.  Yesterday, was a sad day for this fan in particular.

MJ was my first introduction to pop music, I used to watch him ALL the time--I even learned to Moonwalk in college (little known fact).  I defended him in my circle of friends and still faithfully listened to his albums as I drove with my windows down.  Artists today would have nothing to imitate if it weren't for MJ.  

In closing, I leave you with my favorite MJ video of all time.  10-4 good buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment