Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Adventures in Driving

Mapquest sucks.  

Thanks to Mapquest (or as so I have aptly renamed, "GetLost") our adventure to the Chick-fil-A in Greensboro ended up in a 90 minute quest for impossibly hidden street names, endless games of "I know where we are, turn left! No, right!" and 4 roads with 3 different names.  We finally made it, battered and bruised but not defeated.  Turns out, this store is awesome.  The management loved Matt, wanted to hire him (yesssss!) and is willing to work around our crazy schedule complete with my church responsibilities and our family visitation promises.

Sometimes God even outdoes Himself!

In other news, the apartment is still shambly but the gym is fabulous.  I would also like to state for the record that Mrs. Smalling has held Mr. Smalling to his closest winning margin in basketball since our first game Summer 2006.  Either he's really rusty or I've gotten better--I like to think it's because I've gotten better AND he's a little bit rusty--but he only won our "first to 5" by 1 basket.  Lucky shot.  He thinks he's Kobe.  I, on the other hand, was also wearing tennis shoes--a true first for me--instead of some sort of cute flat, or wedge heel.

Further basketball updates and hopefully a potential win for Mrs. Smalling will soon happen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment