Monday, November 23, 2009

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

My apologies to all 3 readers out there--I am terrible at the update-on-a-regular-basis thing. In fact, you may have given up on this due to lack of updating. Oh, well I guess you'll just have to wait for our annual Christmas letter to catch you up. (Yes, Virginia, we're putting out a letter this year!)

This past month has been a crazy one! I'm finishing up rehearsals for the Christmas musical I'm directing at church. This has been one exciting time for all involved, and it's going to be super cute when it's all done. Mark your calendars, December 12 and 13th! You know, there are times when I wonder why I'm doing this, but then I get through a rehearsal and see the improvement the kids have made and the excitement on their faces...I can't help but love it. Call me a glutton for punishment, but this is just one of those things that just makes sense to me. It just doesn't seem like Christmas unless I'm up to my eyeballs in stress and rehearsals. I'm not planning on making this year any different. That would just be silly.

We have a new addition to our family that we're excited for everyone to meet. Lucy, our Corgi/Lab/Beagle mutt (a Corlabagle?) has decided that we're going to be her forever family. Which is brilliant for us because we're now in full-fledged "practicing" mode. We figure if she's still alive in a couple of years, we must be fit to be parents. Thus tabling the Baby Issue for another couple of years. Collective sighs are heard around the world at this revelation I'm sure :) She's cute, she's funny, she's mellow, and she's determined to spend all her waking hours making sure someone is rubbing her belly and she has, no doubt, completed our little Burlington family. As I write all of these glowing wonderful things about little pup, she decided now would be a great time to fart on me. It's so obvious that she belongs to us it's not even funny.

Well, actually, it is a little funny. But I'm not laughing, I'm trying not to breathe.

Thanksgiving is upon us and Meme, Pops, and Boy Wonder are heading down on Wednesday! This will be my first (and hopefully not last) attempt at turkey-ing. Here's to hoping that we don't have to cut the turkey into quarters :)

We love you and we miss you. Hope to see you all soon!

2 comments:

  1. We sure do love you and your Lucy! The boys (& Kodi) would love another playdate! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete